Boston Clinical Laboratories, Inc. (BCL) has an immediate opening for 3rd shift laboratory supervisor position. BCL is a full service CLIA88 and College of American Pathologist (CAP) certified laboratory. Most assays are performed in night shift for the following departments, chemistry, hematology, toxicology, endocrinology, coagulation and urinalysis. The right candidate must have the following;
– Bachelors degree with 10+ years experience in clinical laboratory or Masters degree or equivalent with 5+ years experience in clinical laboratory.
– Certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent is preferred.
– Must have minimum 3+ years experience in supervising laboratory staff
– Must have knowledge of College of American Pathologist (CAP) guidelines.
– Excellent computer and data analysis skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Manage a team of laboratory testing personnel, ensuring employees are adequately performing high complexity tests.
• Analytic abilities to perform and review highly complex testing as defined under CLIA88, to interpret findings, perform calculations, and calibrate instruments.
• Perform bench top testing, prepare specimens, prepare solutions, screen specimens.
• Perform quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA).
• Perform proficiency testing using an approved protocol based on CLIA88 and CAP guidelines.
• Review patient orders.
• Review, release and report partial and final patient results based on client needs.
• Verbalize abnormal/critical results to clients.
• Leadership of night staff and scheduling.
• Communicate with laboratory manager and director on a daily basis.
• Maintain patient and laboratory records consistent with CAP and CLIA88.
BCL offers competitive pay with benefits and health insurance.